Thomas Chen, MBA, PCC
Thomas Chen, an executive coach base in Kuala Lumpur and Singapore understands what it is like to be at the top. As the former Chief General Manager of Gulf Bank, and COO of RHB bank, he capitalizes on his C Suite experiences to coach Senior Management from various industries to make a profound difference.
His ontological coaching approach is holistic and effective to help his clients discover all that is within themselves and open their view to new ideas and possibilities. It taps deeply into their inner awareness and help them develop new ways of seeing situations. This is extremely important as Tom believes that Leaders not only change their behavior, they create the mindset needed to sustain that change and executive coaching helps transform leaders, enabling them to produce and accelerate positive business outcomes.
As a Coach, Tom brings a global perspective with over thirty years of multi-national experience, having worked with leaders in both well-known MNCs and local organizations from US, Middle East and Asia.
Past senior executive roles include; Chief Operating Officer for RHB bank (4th largest in Malaysia) managing over 6000 people; Chief General Manager for Gulf Bank (2nd largest bank in Kuwait) with 1200 people and net profit of over US$200 million in 2002; Regional Asia Consumer Head for National Australia Bank (the largest Australian bank) and AIG (largest US Insurance company); Retail Banking Bank for Riyad Bank (2nd largest bank in Saudi Arabia) managing over 2000 people and over 200 branches and Vice President for Citibank US over a 10-year period.
As background, Tom is raised in Shanghai, educated in Hong Kong, England and United States. He speaks fluent English, Cantonese and Mandarin, and has the unique combination of both a Western management style/philosophy with an Asian heritage.
- ACCESS E-learning solutions
- Benchmarks 360
- Certified Coaching Supervisor by CSA US/UK
- Certified Laughter Yoga Leader, India
- Certified Trainer of NLP, UK (Neuro-Linguistic Programming)
- Certified TRE (Trauma Release Exercise) trainer, US
- Hogan Assessments
- Master Coach, Lee Hecht Harrison/DBM, US
- Master Coach, Progress U, Asia
- Myers-Brigs Type Indicator (MBTI) Trainer
- MRG LEA 360
- Ontological coach and Ambassador, Newfield Network, US
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC), International Coaching Federation (ICF)
- WorkPlace Big 5
- Master of Business Administration, Carnegie Mellon University
- Behavioral Change
- Cross Cultural Coaching
- Executive Coaching
- Executive On-boarding
- Executive Presence
- Leadership Development