Takahiro Kurata, ACC
Takahiro Kurata is an experience executive coach with twenty years of VLSI design project and project management experience. He started his career at Nippon Motorola as a project leader of embedded controller design. Takahiro managed several microprocessor design projects in San Jose California while he worked for Sony Corporation. His role included coordinating multi-projects in a cross cultural/language environment between Japan and USA.
Takahiro is a certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt. He has been involved in various Six Sigma Initiatives with Sony, notable accomplishments include:
- Developing the Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) program for Sony.
- Supporting over 300 projects in the R&D Division
- Conducting training for Six Sigma Champions, Black Belts and Green Belts.
- Developing Sony's management of technology approach to Project Management for Sony Corporate Laboratories.
Takahiro managed high performance media processor design project at Acutelogic as a R&D director from 2005 to 2008.
Takahiro founded Metafocus and contracted with Sony LSI Design Ltd. to support their work process improvement projects from 2010 to 2012.
Takahiro has seven years of coaching experiences since being certified as ‘Foundation of Global Life Learning Center Certified Professional Coach’. He has worked with coaching clients in IT and medical supplies companies, specially including Nomura Research Institute. He has worked globally in Europe, Middle East, Central America and Asia. His clients are executives/managers and managers/leaders of consulting service companies such as Nomura Research Institute.
Takahiro is fluent in both English and Japanese. He is based in Tokyo, Japan.
- International Coaching Federation Certified Coach (ACC)
- Foundation of Global Life Learning Center Certified Professional Coach
- Completed CTP (Coach Training Program) at Coach 21 (Present: Coach A)
- Speaking Circles Certified Facilitator
- Accredited HBDI Facilitator
- Master of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Ohio University Athens, Ohio
- Stakeholder Interviews and Feedback
- Executive Coaching
- Leadership Development
- Team Coaching & Facilitation
- Public Speaking
- Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt, Pivotal Resources Inc./ Centre for Performance Transformation/ AIT Business Solutions LLC