Susan Barnish’s expertise is in identifying opportunities and implementing creative, targeted solutions in leadership/executive development, talent management and quality service. As a HR/training consultant and executive coach, she brings a wealth of experience from corporate/field human resources and volunteer leadership to provide leaders with a practical and personalized approach to better leverage their human capital.
As a thought leader, Susan’s strong relationship management skills and business acumen help to deliver results. Susan has a strong HR generalist background with an organizational development focus. She most recently led organizational development for Vi Senior Living (formerly Classic Residence by Hyatt). Her focus was on building an infrastructure for leadership development, sales training/recruitment and developing a talent pipeline. Prior to this role, she was the Corporate Director of HR Planning/Development and Training for Hyatt Hotels Corporation.
Recent organizational development work includes:
- A multi-faceted talent management process for senior leaders encompassing talent review, talent strategy and organizational planning through a talent gap analysis.
- A sponsorship program for high potential women and minorities that facilitates career progression and develops a pipeline for future senior leaders.
- An integrated approach to assessing the impact of executive coaching engagements and formulating quality control measures.
- An operational rotation program that broadens mid-level leaders’ organizational knowledge and accelerates their development.
As a volunteer, Susan served on the Board of Directors for the Association of Junior Leagues International, an organization of women committed to voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities; is a sustainer of the JL of Tampa; and past President of the JL of Evanston-North Shore. She is active with the Colleen Bevis Elementary PTA, where she currently serves as President.
- DDI - Interaction Management
- DDI - Service Plus
- DiSC Profile
- Gallup Perceiver Interviewer
- Leadership Styles Inventory
- Bachelor of Arts, Westminster College, New Wilmington, PA
- 360-Degree Feedback
- Change Management
- Executive Coaching
- Instructional/Program Design
- Leadership Development
- Meeting/Program Facilitation