John Cooper, MSOD, MCC
John Cooper is an experienced executive and team coach for top leaders, executives, and managers. He has a strong background in executive coaching, business management, team effectiveness, strategy, organizational design, and leadership development. He is dedicated to helping leaders succeed in achieving results, advancing leadership and team effectiveness, strengthening relationships, advancing careers, and increasing job satisfaction.
He believes that every leader has their own unique style, and helps leaders leverage their strengths, improve in their development opportunities, and build resilience and capacity for future growth and contributions. With over 30 years of combined coaching, consulting, and business experience, including ten years as a sales/operations leader in financial services, John understands both the strategic and day-to-day demands of an organizational leader.
John has coached senior leaders in multiple business functions and has worked in many business sectors including Fortune 500, mid-sized, and not for profit organizations. Some of his clients include: Astellas, Equity Properties, BP, Baxter, Takeda, Adtalem, Ingredion, Alcan Packaging, Yaskawa Electric America, Northwest Community Hospital, LivCor, RR Donnelly, Lilly, Univar, and YMCA.
John serves as adjunct faculty at Northwestern University teaching Leadership and Strategic Thinking, and adjunct coach for Kellogg School of Management. John is the past President of the Organization Development Network of Chicago and has served on the Board of Directors of the Human Resources Management Association of Chicago. He also served on the board of Boys to Men, a national youth mentoring program, and has served as Executive Coach for the National Leadership Conference for the Healthcare Businesswoman’s Association.
- 360: Center for Creative Leadership, Benchmarks; Korn Ferry 360; PDI Profilor
- DiSC Profile, MBTI
- FIRO-B Psychometrics
- Hogan Assessments, Leadership and 360
- Lominger Leadership Architect Suite
- Master Certified Coach (MCC), International Coaching Federation (ICF)
- Results Certified Coach: Neuroleadership Institute
- Thomas Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument (TKI)
- Inner Voice Dialogue and the Psychology of Selves
- Master of Science in Organization Development, Aurora University
- Graduate of the International Gestalt Coaching School
- Graduate: Neuroleadership Institute Brain Based Coaching Program
- Executive Coaching – for Development, Performance and Advancement
- Team Coaching and Facilitation
- Onboarding and Leader-Team Assimilation
- Organization Development
- Organization Design
- Meeting/Offsite Design and Facilitation
- Strategic Planning Process Facilitation
- Assessments and 360 Feedback