We're everywhere you need us.
160+ coaches, 27 countries, 32 languages
John Cooper, MSOD, MCC
John Cooper is an experienced executive and team coach for top leaders, executives, and managers. With over 30 years of combined coaching, consulting, and business experience, including sales/operations leadership, he appreciates both the strategic and day-to-day demands of an organizational leader. For the past 10 years he has served as adjunct faculty at Northwestern University teaching Leadership and Strategic Thinking; and an adjunct executive coach for Kellogg School of Management. John is accredited as a Master Certified Coach by the International Coach Federation, the highest distinction in the profession.
In addition to Executive Coaching, John has a strong background in organization development consulting including initiatives in organizational change, facilitating strategy sessions, organizational design, and customized leadership/team training. He customizes his approach to help leaders enhance their natural strengths and address areas for development. He believes that job satisfaction and fulfillment go hand in hand with effectiveness, success, and achieving aspirational goals.
John has coached leaders and their teams in a broad spectrum of business functions including Sales, Marketing, Strategy, IT, HR, Operations, General Management, Finance, Owners, and others. He has worked in many sectors including Fortune 500, mid-sized, and not for profit organizations. Some of his clients include: Astellas, Equity Properties, BP, Baxter, Takeda, Adtalem, Ingredion, Alcan Packaging, Clear Perspective Financial Planning, Yaskawa Electric America, Northwest Community Hospital, LivCor, RR Donnelly, Lilly, Univar, and YMCA.
John is the past President of the Organization Development Network of Chicago and has served on the Board of Directors of the Human Resources Management Association of Chicago. He also served on the board of Boys to Men, a national youth mentoring program, and has served as Executive Coach for the National Leadership Conference for the Healthcare Businesswoman’s Association.
John is currently based in Chicago, Illinois.
- 360: Center for Creative Leadership, Benchmarks; Korn Ferry 360; PDI Profilor
- DiSC Profile, MBTI
- FIRO-B Psychometrics
- Hogan Assessments, Leadership and 360
- Lominger Leadership Architect Suite
- Master Certified Coach (MCC), International Coaching Federation (ICF)
- Results Certified Coach (RCC): Neuroleadership Institute
- Thomas Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument (TKI)
- Senior Teacher Voice Dialogue and the Psychology of Selves
- Master of Science in Organization Development, Aurora University
- Graduate of the International Gestalt Coaching School
- Graduate: Neuroleadership Institute Brain Based Coaching Program
- Executive Coaching – for Development, Performance and Advancement
- Team Coaching and Facilitation
- Onboarding and Leader-Team Assimilation
- Organization Development
- Organization Design
- Meeting/Offsite Design and Facilitation
- Strategic Planning Process Facilitation
- Assessments and 360 Feedback