Cynthia Cobb, SPHR, MBA
Cynthia Cobb has over 25 years of human resources generalist and staffing experience, most of which was built at Baxter Healthcare Corporation. She has held both corporate and divisional assignments where she led HR strategies and initiatives across multiple functions. Since becoming a consultant in 2004, she has been able to effectively partner with many additional clients and organizations to accomplish business and individual goals.
Understanding how to create communication bridges and cultivate collaborative working environments is something Cynthia excels at. Her depth and breadth of experience is a valuable asset. Employees and leaders at all levels have benefited from Cynthia’s straightforward approach grounded in analysis and logic as well as her values-driven decision-making. Those she has coached speak highly of her listening skills, ability to help them understand the feedback they’ve been given, and guiding them toward reasonable development plans.
Additional consulting engagements Cynthia has collaborated on include strategic staffing, creating plans to achieve diversity and inclusion goals, policy development, employee relations, employer engagement, benchmarking best practices, and training (e.g., diversity, leading others, harassment prevention, interviewing).
An active volunteer, Cynthia is on the board of Bernie’s Book Bank, assists her community’s Girl Scout Service Unit, and participates in various community service ministries at her church.
Cynthia is currently based in Chicago, Illinois.
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator®
- PDI 360 Executive Profilor
- Master of Business Administration, Indiana University
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Biomedical Engineering and Engineering Management, Purdue University
- 360-Degree Feedback
- Community Relations Strategy
- Conflict Resolution
- Culture Alignment & Change Management
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Executive Coaching
- Executive Onboarding
- Leadership Development
- Meeting/Program Facilitation
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Skills Development Workshops
- Strategic HR & Organizational Consulting
- Team Coaching & Facilitation
- Team Intervention
- University Relations Strategy & Implementation
- Visioning & Strategic Planning