How can you help women leaders thrive?
By instilling resilience, confidence, and grit, according to recent research by McKinsey, based on interview data with 250 senior executive women.
Whether you’re already developing these or just getting started, here are 9 inspirational quotes to help you on the journey.
1. “We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face…we must do that which we think we cannot.”
– Eleanor Roosevelt, American Politician, Diplomat, Former First Lady of the United States
2. “We think, mistakenly, that success is the result of the amount of time we put in at work, instead of the quality of time we put in.”
– Arianna Huffington in Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder
3. “There are two kinds of stones, as everyone knows, one of which rolls.”
– Amelia Earhart, Aviation Pioneer and Author
4. “Confidence is taking action on things you don’t know if you can do.”
– Katty Kay in The Confidence Code: The Science and Art of Self-Assurance
5. “Don’t follow the crowd, let the crowd follow you.”
– Margaret Thatcher, Former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
6.“Grit is passion and perseverance for very long-term goals. Grit is having stamina. Grit is sticking with your future, day in, day out, not just for the week, not just for the month, but for years, and working really hard to make that future a reality.”
– Angela Lee Duckworth, Psychologist, from her TED Talk, The key to success? Grit.
7. “You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through.”
– Rosalynn Carter, Former First Lady of the United States
8. "Failure is not the outcome – failure is not trying. Don't be afraid to fail."
– Sara Blakely, Inventor, Entrepreneur
9. “What you admire in others exists within you – it is now a matter of bringing it out through self-awareness and conscious practice to build skills.”
– Joanna Barsh, author of author of Centered Leadership and How Remarkable Women Lead
If you or your team could use some help developing a thriving culture, ECC can help. Give us a call at +1.847.920.0190.