How did you start your career in this industry?
I worked in several corporate roles where I saw what it took for an executive team and organization to deliver results and create an exceptional environment for employees to be engaged, contribute, and develop — leadership is the cornerstone of creating that kind of success. I discovered that I wanted to focus on assisting leaders in achieving more for their team and organization.
Why do you like being part of ECC?
We are known for delivering great results, building strong partnerships with clients, and inspiring trust and having integrity in our work. I am personally committed to these values. I enjoy working with my business partners, whom I deeply respect and trust, and learning about different industries and businesses. I’m passionate about the role that effective leadership plays in driving results and developing others.
What’s the most important thing you’ve learned about leadership?
Leadership is a paradox. Effective leaders have to drive results but do it in a way that builds relationships. They have to know when to be patient or tough, when to collaborate or make decisions on their own, and how to be consistent yet flexible. These seem to be on opposite sides of the spectrum, but effective leaders know how to balance the range of these skills for whatever situation is at hand. Also, it’s not just the big moments that shape a leader’s impact, but the smaller ones such as interactions and conversations that happen spontaneously: in the hall, before a meeting, or on a quick call. Leadership “in the moment” is a powerful way to inspire, engage and coach.
If a client of yours described you in three words, what would they be?
- Executive Dimensions®
- Personal Directions
- Emotional Competence Inventory
- Leadership Effectiveness Analysis
- Leadership Styles Inventory and Climate Survey
- Voices® 360 Feedback
- Margerison-McCann Team Management Profile®
- PDI's Profilor
- Masters of Business Administration, Benedictine University
- Bachelors of Arts, Education: Loyola University
- Kathy earned a lifetime Senior Professional in Human Relations from the Society of Human Resources Professionals.
- Executive Coaching
- Executive On-Boarding
- 360-Degree Feedback
- Conflict Resolution & Team Intervention
- Collaborative Change
- Leadership Development
- Meeting/Program Facilitation
- Team Coaching & Facilitation