You referred to Gandhi in your quote. Why does that quote resonate with you?
It reminds me that the way I live my life is what conveys my beliefs and character- in good times and difficult ones. I strive to lead consciously. Actions speak louder than words. I want to ensure that the life I live is consistent with my faith. I want to use my life to make a difference. I don’t want to get to the end of my life with unlived hopes and ideas. Each day, I want to turn them into action.
What is the first question people ask when you tell them what you do for a living?
What made you decide to found this company?
I love learning and creating things, and I am totally addicted to growth. I wanted to do more of it with smart people with whom I enjoyed spending time. Something magical happens when you bring people together with diverse perspectives, who know how to both support and challenge — especially when they have common values and a shared sense of passion. I get to do something that not many people get to do. I get to do what I love. Better yet, I get to do it with people I love … as our company grows.
In your experience of meeting company leaders over the past 25 years, what are three things you saw in someone in which you knew he or she would make a great leader?
I've had the privilege of meeting amazing leaders over the years that have gone on to run very large and successful companies. Many of them had an unending drive and an uncompromising passion, strong clarity of purpose, and the ability to generate excitement, engagement and followership. They had vision and could paint it in a way that compelled others to help them achieve it. Their sheer presence generated energy.
- 360 By Design®
- Emotional Competence Inventory
- Executive Dimensions®
- Hogan Assessments
- Leadership Styles Inventory & Climate Survey
- Organization and Relationship Systems at Work, [email protected]™
- PDI Feedback Questionnaires
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC), International Coach Federation (ICF)
- The Leadership Circle
- Voices® 360 Feedback
- BA: Psychology and Business Administration, University of Wisconsin
- Studies in Cognitive Restructuring at the Harvard Mind/Body Institute
- Extensive experience in emotional management, mental modeling, voice dialogue, change management, and advanced facilitation.
- World Association of Business Coaches
- International Coaching Federation
- International Consortium of Coaching in Organizations
- Human Resources Management Association of Chicago (HRMAC)
- Organization Development Network and the New Talent Management Network
- 360-Degree Feedback
- Business Consulting
- Collaborative Change
- Conflict Resolution & Team Intervention
- Executive Coaching
- Executive On-Boarding
- Leadership Development
- Meeting/Program Facilitation
- Team Coaching & Facilitation
- Visioning & Strategic Planning