You’ve been working in this industry for over 20 years. What do you like about what you do for a living?
The experience of witnessing a client maximizing their effectiveness and realizing their personal and professional goals is simply exhilarating. I also have the opportunity to meet extraordinarily talented and interesting people. For those two reasons, I am lucky and excited about what I do for a living. I happen to love getting up for work!
What do you look for when hiring a Coach to join the ECC team?
This is one of the most important decisions we make as a business because it’s integral to the health of our company. We look for people who understand the business world, especially corporate. They have to be excellent leaders in their own right and have the keen ability to listen and ask the right questions. They also have to align with our organizational values — the value connection is critical.
What is the most common question you get asked by new clients?
“What can I expect as an outcome from working with you?”
When do you know you have created successful results for a client?
We survey clients and their respective bosses to see if we have achieved the expected results and return on investment for our client company. But personally, I can sense at any given point in our coaching process if a client, team or organization experiences a shift or has an ”aha” moment; that’s what I truly define as success.
- Benchmarks® and Executive Dimensions® (Center for Creative Leadership) Lominger VOICES®
- Caliper 360 Plus
- Voice Dialogue
- Inventory of Leadership Styles, and Emotional Competence Inventory (Hay Group®)
- Climate Improvement Accreditation
- PDI's Profiler and Mental Modeling
- Master of Science in Organizational Communication
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration and Organization Communication.
- Served as Executive Director for “A Safe Place” and on the Board of Directors for a Chicago-based consulting company.
- Susan and her family actively support and volunteer at Chicago Children’s Hospital and the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation.
- Executive Coaching
- Executive On-Boarding
- 360-Degree Feedback
- Team Coaching & Facilitation
- Conflict Resolution & Team Intervention
- Business Consulting
- Collaborative Change
- Leadership Development
- Meeting/Program Facilitation
- Visioning & Strategic Planning